Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Its been a long time....

Happy New Year!!

Its been a long long time since my last post. My holiday schedule was very hectic this year and I took a much needed break. Also, I am transitioning back to work so I gave my babies the attention that they needed. Even though I was not blogging, I still found time to do a layout or two.  

For the new year, I joined a kit club called Swirlydoos for 6 months. I have been stalking their forum and blog for a while. I just new this was the right club for me. I am trying to get my daughter and my son first year album together. I know spending money will give me the extra push I needed to get it done. So, my first kit that I just ordered came in this weekend. I was able to finish one layout and participate in one of the challenges.



This layout is for the "The odds are..."Challenge. You are required to add items to your layout and in the quantities of 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and the twist was adding 11 items.

For my layout, I added the following items:

1 key
3 layers and ribbon
5 flowers
7 leaves
9 heart rhinestones
11 grommets

I added timeless lilac and patina glimmermist to make the white chipboard letters stand out. Then I added a homemade vine and rosebuds. My scrapbook store does not sale many prima flowers so I had to create my own. I also played a little with my new love besides glimmermist is the Radiant rain daubers. Those daubers give a lot of shimmer. I added it to the leaves and the yellow petaloo flowers. 



The two layouts I did while on Christmas break, I will added to the blog later or maybe in a photo slideshow on the blog. 

By the way, I hope everyone is remembering Martin Luther King, Jr today besides just laying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment