Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Fathers Day Layout!!

For Fathers Day, I gave my husband a surprise dinner with all our 6 children. Lately, it seem hard to have them all in one setting with their busy schedules, sports and etc. But, with his older daughter's vision and 2 weeks of planning, we were able to pull it off. All the kids asked for no one but us and it was such an emotional and loving day! For this day, I prepare a layout to sit at his cake table and I combined the idea with a Superhero Challenge at Swirlydoos Kit Club.

For this Swirlydoos Challenge:

I chose Superman as my hero and a picture of my husband. I used the colors of superman for this layout. I used it in the words in my journaling and in my title. I decorated some of the cogs with ranger blue colorwash spray and the rest with Claudine Hellmuth acrylic paint. The S & pocketwatch was colored with red distress stain. I filled the empty space of the pocketwatch with bisque liquid pearls.

The journaling states: Our children look up to you as the Super hero in their life. Family relies on you as the only dependable man in the family. I watch how every day, anytime of hour; how you jump to rescue or help anyone who calls. So in my eyes, I see you as Superman always there in the nick of time.



Also, I found out within the past week, that my layout of my son for Scraps of darkness was chosen for Layout of the Month for May. And TODAY, I found out my layout of my daughter at Scraps of Darkness won the May Sketch Challenge.

Lately, life has been hectic with everything going wrong.. but yesterday and today made it all worth the struggles. Have a blessed day

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on Winning the LOTM for SOD and Winning the May Sketch Challenge!!
    This is a great page...love your journaling...and I am sure it was no small feat...I am guessing it would take a "Super Woman"..to have this gorgeous layout..cake and a party with all six kids present!! Love the punch you have been using!
    Hugs..Heather

    ReplyDelete