Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Swirlydoos Ultimate Design Challenge

I am very excited to say I have made it to week 4 of the Swirlydoos Ultimate Design Challenge. I am a little behind in my blogposts due to internet & cable issues.

So I would like to dedicate this blog post to my last 3 entries for the Swirlydoos Ultimate Design Challenge.

For week 1, we were required to create our own 3D embellishment from chipboard. I used a dusty attic french window and the for 6 window squares I wanted to create a mosiac window. So I used egg shells, gel medium, alcohol ink, and glossy accents. Then I decorated the rest of the french window with white paint & flowers.

My Embellishment

My layout is of my two children last year one sunday morning.


For week 2, we were required to create a multilayered layout. For this challenge, I created a layout with 10+ layers. This was really my first time using so many layers on a layout. The photo is of my daughter meeting my son for the first time.


For week 3, we were required to use foil tape on a layout, card, or altered item. I decided to use my new favorite thing which is a 4x4 in canvas.  This was my first time ever using foil tape. I decided to use the embossing technique which was shown by DT member Miranda Ednay. I covered the whole canvas with embossed foil tape and then painted it with black paint. I wiped off the black tape so only the paint stay around the crevices. I added a little cranberry alcohol to make things stand out a bit. The cupid photo is from a good friend of mine, Jennifer Synder. I greatly appreciate her allowing me to use this image.




I am having a lovely time playing along in this contest. It provides such a nice stress reliever to create something weekly. Thank you for leaving lovely comments on my blog posts. Thank you for taking the time to look at my projects.

Have a good night.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing I love the window and your canvas rocks!! So Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your creations! The window is absolutely STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete